Photo by Amy Neunsinger
53, CEO, ONDA Beauty
1. What did you want to be as a child?
I initially wanted to be a princess who married a football player, but thankfully I outgrew that pretty quickly. Then it was a spy (ala La Femme Nikita)
2. What was your worst job?
I did phone sales for Olin Mills photography (selling family portraits) and sat in a cubicle with a laminated script and the yellow page and called people for hours getting yelled at and hung up on. 3 out of 30 would actually listen and maybe 1 would purchase.
3. Your first Lucky Break?
I thought I wanted to be a buyer and at 20 I ran into a friend from college who had gotten a job in fashion (wholesale) and realized there was a whole other side that sold to the buyers. Next thing I knew I was answering phones in her office and 3 weeks later flying to SF/NY/Dallas/Vegas for market and never looked back!
4. What’s the best part of your day?
I love cutting roses and putting them all over the house. It is my therapy!
5. When do you feel most beautiful?
When I am home, casually entertaining and hanging with friends and family in the back backyard.
6. What makes you most happy?
Seeing my family happy!
7. What stresses you out the most?
Fear of the continued darkness all around us and when we eventually hit rock bottom.
8. What trait do you find most attractive in a person?
A great sense of humor and not taking themselves too seriously.
9. What are the 5 things (besides your computer and phone) that you’d feel lost without?
My family, my girlfriends, the hike outside my front door, my glasses and my red lipstick!
10. What’s the one object/thing you are always looking for, but can never find?
It has been my glasses as I have to take them off to look at my phone (recent occurrence) and then I walk around and forget where I left them!
11. What are you constantly buying over and over again?
Sweatshirts - I LIVE in them!
12. What’s your Favorite scent?
Frederic Malle Cardinal Flowers
13. What is your usual working uniform?
This COVID version: Ripped denim shorts or jeans and a tee/sweatshirt blouse if I have to get dressed up :). I also rock some mean jumpsuits!
14. What’s your Secret Hidden Talent?
I can always make my son laugh without touching him.
15. How do you take care of yourself on the daily?
I don't do a great job of this but try for some exercise every day even if only a 30 minute digital yoga class - and ALWAYS great skin and body care! That is where I make time to pamper myself!
16. Bath or Shower?
Bath but I don't do them as often as I’d like.
17. How do you start every morning?
A good skincare routine, take turns running the dog, make sure the kids are ready for online school, cut some fressh flowers and make a decaf almond milk vanilla latte!
18. Favorite breakfast?
Most days a healthy smoothie but I dream about Huevos Rancheros!
19. If you could outsource any aspect of your beauty or grooming routine, what would it be?
I would LOVE weekly massages, bi- monthly mani/pedis and monthly facials!
20. How do you prepare for a special event?
Make sure I have the outfit//shoes etc picked way in advance and then give plenty of time to get ready slowly with music and not feeling rushed!
21. Who would you like to play you in the movie of your life?
22. What’s your favorite body part (on yourself)?
My natural Red Hair. To this day I have never colored it!
23. What do you want to accomplish this year?
Get TRUMP out of office!!
24. If you could have any talent bestowed upon you, what would it be?
Tie between being an amazing linguist (every language) or being able to sing!
25. What’s your favorite Heales product?
LOVE the nail detox set, body wash and dry brush!!