Photo by Amy Neunsinger
46, Designer & Illustrator
1. What did you want to be as a child?
As a child I wanted to be a paleontologist. I was obsessed with dinosaurs.
2. What was your worst job?
I briefly sold perfume out of my car in my early 20's. I quickly realized what a bad idea it was.
3. Your first Lucky Break?
Call it divine timing but when I was in my early graphic design career I was laid off and looking for work. I reached out to designers I found on an online directory who had jobs I'd be interested in doing. I emailed them and asked about their journey and for any advice they could give me on my career goals. I met a woman who was very kind, friendly and answered my questions. She ended up contacting me a few weeks later to say that she is leaving her job as a designer in a marketing department at a big healthcare company. Her husband was offered a great job and they were moving out of state. She asked if I wanted her job and that she'd refer me. I ended up getting the job and started the following month.
4. What’s the best part of your day?
Starting the day with a deep breath and having a peaceful minute of gratitude and intention-setting.
5. When do you feel most beautiful?
I feel most beautiful when I am putting on some mascara and heading out to face the day.
6. What makes you most happy?
Making art and designing makes me feel happy. I feel connected to my creativity and my passion. It is freeing.
7. What stresses you out the most?
Seeing all the racial injustice, hatred and division we have currently in our country. Watching the news is very stressful.
8. What trait do you find most attractive in a person?
Sense of humor for sure.
9. What are the 5 things (besides your computer and phone) that you’d feel lost without?
1.) Photoshop to do my work 2.) Instagram 3.) Matcha lattes 4.) Fresh fruits and veggies/healthy food options 5.) The Internet.
10. What’s the one object/thing you are always looking for, but can never find?
I'm always looking for the perfect time to do important things on my list this year and I determined that the ideal time doesn't exist. The time is now. I think that applies to most things in life - there never is a perfect time, right? Just do it and lean in.
11. What are you constantly buying over and over again?
Matcha tea lattes. I just need to make them at home but love the convenience of picking it up and the excitement of drinking it right away knowing it is perfect and comforting.
12. What’s your Favorite scent?
I love a lilac or honeysuckle scent.
13. What is your usual working uniform?
I work from home and lately I've been wearing workout clothes. I find if I put them on I will eventually get my workout in (most of the time). I like wearing athleisure in general.
14. What’s your Secret Hidden Talent?
I can twirl a baton.
15. How do you take care of yourself on the daily?
I drink a lot of water (50 - 60 oz. a day) and try to get 7-8 hours of sleep.
16. Bath or Shower?
I love a good bath but since it's been hot outside I've been taking cool showers.
17. How do you start every morning?
It can vary but I try to be as consistent as I can with drinking water first thing, having a quiet moment and stretching.
18. Favorite breakfast?
I have celiac disease and crave a short stack of these amazing gluten-free pancakes from a local breakfast spot. They are like sweet, fluffy, vanilla clouds.
19. If you could outsource any aspect of your beauty or grooming routine, what would it be?
Definitely regular eyebrow threading and I'd love to get at least monthly or bi-weekly massages.
20. How do you prepare for a special event?
Make sure I've shaved, haha. And I like to pick out the right outfit that makes me feel comfortable and stylish.
21. Who would you like to play you in the movie of your life?
Ooh I have no idea.
22. What’s your favorite body part (on yourself)?
I like my smile.
23. What do you want to accomplish this year?
I am looking to get some online classes up and finally refresh my website and shop.
24. If you could have any talent bestowed upon you, what would it be?
To be a good singer. I am not the greatest singer and think it would be such a fun talent to have. I'd be singing all the time!
25. What’s your favorite Heales product?
I love the face oil. It really absorbs well in my skin and leaves it feeling and looking very hydrated.