Photo by Amy Neunsinger
65, Entrepreneur, In The Groove
1. What did you want to be as a child?
A teacher that worked with children with learning challenges.
2. What was your worst job?
During the summer of my junior year of high school I worked on a rodeo on the Crow Agency Reservation. My fantasy was that it would be cool and fun the reality it was a lot of hard labor and pretty depressing conditions.
3. Your first Lucky Break?
Oh I don't know are breaks really lucky? I guess if I had to pick one it would be moving to St. Louis when I was 6. I had the opportunity there to go to a fabulous progressive thinking school. It was a great environment where I started to understand that I could do whatever I set my sights on.
4. What’s the best part of your day?
Waking up. I do love waking up and seeing my husband's sweet smile. It is nice to take a moment and remember how fortunate we are in life.
5. When do you feel most beautiful?
I feel the most beautiful when I feel put together. It helps also if I am wearing something new. It is like that feeling of wearing an outfit on the first day of school.
6. What makes you most happy?
I am the happiest when my family is all together. We live in different parts of the country now and we all have busy schedules. So I find great joy when we can all spend time with each other.
7. What stresses you out the most?
My kids…they are all amazing and all really successful but I can't help myself that I worry about them all the time..and it stresses me out.
8. What trait do you find most attractive in a person?
A person's smile which is another way of saying how kind and geniune the person is.
9. What are the 5 things (besides your computer and phone) that you’d feel lost without?
Bob, my husband. My kids. My house. A heart necklace that Bob gave to me on our first Valentine’s Day 20 years ago. A painting that my dad did late in his life.
10. What’s the one object/thing you are always looking for, but can never find?
The perfect pair of jeans.
11. What are you constantly buying over and over again?
12. What’s your Favorite scent?
Dirty Rose from Heretic. I recently switched over to this all natural fragrance and I am obsessed.
13. What is your usual working uniform?
White tee shirt, jeans, birkenstocks and if it is a little chilly a cashmere sweater. Plus I love accessories so usually a bracelet, a ring, and a few necklaces.
14. What’s your Secret Hidden Talent?
Oh I wish I had one but I think I am a pretty open book at this point. If I had a secret talent I am sure I would let everyone know about it.
15. How do you take care of yourself on the daily?
I try to eat well, exercise, and find a little time for moi.
16. Bath or Shower?
Shower but I do love a bath every once in awhile.
17. How do you start every morning?
I workout. If I don't exercise I just feel off for the day.
18. Favorite breakfast?
19. If you could outsource any aspect of your beauty or grooming routine, what would it be?
If I could outsource all aspects of my beauty and/or grooming I would. I find that these things are definitely better left to the professionals. I have tried my hand at most of them and find that it is a good thing I went into the fashion business and not the beauty business.
20. How do you prepare for a special event?
For a special event I do like to have my hair and makeup done. Nothing too crazy but I feel more polished and together when I do this. It just makes me feel better for the event.
21. Who would you like to play you in the movie of your life?
Sarah Jessica Parker.
22. What’s your favorite body part (on yourself)?
My hair…when it is behaving.
23. What do you want to accomplish this year?
I would like to learn how to play the piano. I think it is important to keep learning new things.
24. If you could have any talent bestowed upon you, what would it be?
I would love to be able to sing.
25. What’s your favorite Heales product?
Australian Rosewood Leaf Body Wash..looooove it. Bob is a fan of the Australian Budda Wood Body Wash. This is the perfect marriage.